Your Bucket List reads something along the lines of, ‘Publish my own book’ or ‘Become a published author’. Ticking these off your Bucket List can be a lot more difficult and time-consuming than you might expect, especially when pursuing the traditional publishing route. However, this month brought on it’s Spring-carrying breeze an initiative that can help you to achieve your goal, and all it takes is a few simple steps.
But first, let’s talk April…
It came and it all but flew by, and with it took millions of different shout outs for Indie April—an initiative aimed at trying to get independent authors into the spotlight and giving them a surge in sales, downloads, reviews and exposure.
The Indie April hashtag has been trending across Twitter, with authors of different genres and publishing platforms putting aside their differences to share and retweet and show their community spirit. It’s resulted in so many books hitting Best Seller status for the first time, and is an initiative we, at Notebook, have wanted to help get on-board with.
‘But what can a premium self-publishing house offer to the Indie April community?’ we wondered. The idea came to us in the middle of the night…
Well, of course, we take a manuscript, and we put it through the publishing process, implementing every critical step from professional typesetting and cover design, through to global distribution and marketing—and everything in between. We position our authors on the very best platform, with the highest of standards, aligning them with traditionally publishing authors, and present them with the best of both worlds, including 100% royalties and rights. Is there a better model?
With this in mind, we realised there is only one way we can show our support for #IndieApril, and that is to publish one talented writer’s book without any cost. Not a single penny.
How amazing is that?!
The writer chosen to have their book published will benefit from every key process we implement when publishing for our authors, including our Best Seller marketing. They will have their book polished and preened, and we will put it out into the world. Not a cent will come our way. There will be no compromise. There are no hidden clauses or conditions.
The only criteria we have are as follows:
- We will ask you to provide us with 3 video reviews at various stages of the publication process, as well as an unboxing video for your Welcome Kit. If you agree to do this, you can get on-board!
- You must be an independent author.
- If you are already publishing with Notebook, you may still enter. In this case, your publication fee would be refunded or you may, alternatively, submit a second work for publication.
If you meet the above criteria, entering is simple:
- Send the first three chapters of your complete manuscript through to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Title this email #INDIEAPRIL.
- Provide us with a synopsis and a brief author bio.
- Have your submission with us by May 31, 2019.
- We will then take a look at all submissions and decide on our Top 10. These will be announced both via Twitter and email on June 3, 2019.
- Importantly, the winner will be chosen from the Top 10 submissions. This will be completely random, decided by raffle. The winner will be declared on June 7, 2019.
The winner will receive publication, comprising the following:
- The Notebook Publishing exclusive Welcome Kit
- Paperback availability
- Cover design
- Typesetting of book
- ISBN assignment
- Barcode generation
- Digital formatting and distribution
- Electronic proof
- Books In Print registration
- Google search
- Amazon search
- Paperback books x10
- Worldwide availability via Ingram Distribution, Barnes and Noble, Bertrams, and Amazon (to name a few)
- Notebook Publishing’s Best Seller marketing strategy
- Press Releases and exposure
- Monthly royalty payments
- Publisher–author support
Sound too good to be true? Well, it isn’t! And if you get everything with us by the required dates, as outlined above, we can get everything moving with a view to publication in the summer, meaning your Bucket List wish of publishing your book and becoming a published author can soon be ticked off!
What have you got to lose?
We look forward to receiving your submissions soon, Indie Authors!